Raw Food Mastery – Level 1 Certification
Join me in magical Bali
20th – 27th September
BOOK BEFORE 31ST JULY TO RECEIVE AN EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT OF $300
There is so much goodness jam packed into this one week course
Just a taste of what you will learn:
- Basic knife skills
- Essential raw culinary techniques for healthy meal prep
- Understanding flavour dynamics
- Understanding kitchen equipment used in a raw food kitchen
- Setting up your raw food kitchen
- Hands on experience making breakfast, lunches, mains, sauces, salads, meals, snacks and desserts
- Introduction to dehydrating breads, veggie crisps and crackers
- Preparing meals with professional execution
- Fermentation and pickling
- Tips and tricks for plating like a pro
Learn from Julie’s 15 years extensive experience in raw-living food cuisine. In this one week hands-on training course, you will learn to prepare delicious, nourishing living foods recipes without giving up the flavour, texture, appearance, or satisfaction of the cooked dishes you love.
The course provides you with ample personal attention being limited in numbers. Become confident with knife skills and familiar with kitchen equipment and time-saving techniques. This hands-on raw food mastery course provides the foundation necessary to thrive on a raw living plant based lifestyle. A variety of popular foods are prepared with nutrition and flavour in mind, including fresh vegan sushi, living lasagna, pastas, quiche, fermented foods, bread and crackers and other gourmet delights. Learn how to sprout; make luscious meals; combine foods for optimum digestion and nutrition; create raw versions of cooked food recipes; organize and manage a raw food kitchen, and much more!
To find out more about Julie click here.
The Raw Chef Mastery Level one course is suitable for foodies, culinary creatives, seasoned chefs and anyone who has a passion for healthy food and wants to take there kitchen skills and health to a whole new level. Whether you want to advance in your professional culinary career, incorporate healthy alternatives on your menu offering or learn how to create healthy, healing dishes for your family and friends, this course will open your mind to a new and exciting way to prepare food. I will cover beginner techniques to create truly entertaining dishes, along with the science of flavour balancing and recipe development.
No experience necessary to start this course, just a passion for learning. I will explain raw vegan basics from the beginning. Even If you are a seasoned chef you will learn many new ideas and techniques of working in a raw food kitchen which you can apply to your professional kitchen.
- Welcoming circle and dinner
- An Earth to Table Apron
- Manual with information and all the recipes, techniques and tips
- Breakfast and lunch
- Field Trip
- Special traditional Javanese Jamu class with local expert
- Special closing ceremony with three course gourmet dinner off site
- Access to a private Facebook Group Page for ongoing support
- Ingredients and their purpose to become a better raw food chef
- How to adapt your own versions of the recipes (using fail proof formulas that work)
- How to plate like a professional to achieve show stopping results
- How to prepare a variety of beverages, breakfasts, snacks, soups, salads, main courses, snacks and desserts
- Knowledge of how to achieve and build different textures and flavours
- A variety of preparation methods including basic knife skills, fermenting and dehydrating
- How to change the way you eat forever and start incorporating raw living foods into your daily repertoire and introduce this magical cuisine to friends and family
- 9:00am-9:30am Breakfast
- 9:30am-10:30am Raw food demo
- 10.30am – 12:30pm Practical hands-on un-cooking class
- 12:30pm-1:30pm Lunch
- 1:30pm-3:00 pm Demo/lecture
- 3:00 pm -4.30 pm Practical hands-on un-cooking class
- Later finish on some days may be required
- Nut milk, smoothie & juices
- Fermentation: coconut yogurt, soft cheese, sauerkraut, water kefir
- Dressing variations & formulation, how to adjust/fix flavours
- Healthy breakfast: chia porridge, granola, toast and jam
- Pasta, sauces, cheese, pizza
- Sushimaki “tuna” pate, jicama rice
- Vegetable spinach and mushroom quiche
- Dehydration: crackers, veggie crisps
- Jamu – traditional medicinal tea from Indonesia & healing herbs
The Alchemy Academy is located just a few minutes from the heart of Ubud on the tropical island of Bali, Indonesia and yet there is an incredible sense of being surrounded by jungle and gardens. The building was designed by Heinz Paul-Kaupp using the concepts of sacred geometry. Many people describe a sense of serinity and peacefulness when the arrive in the Alchemy Academy space. This incredible space is a centre of transformation and awakening.
The town of Ubud is the cultural and spiritual center of the Indonesian island of Bali. Ubud was once called “Ubad”, meaning “Medicine” in Balinese, referring not only to the medicinal plants and herbs that grow in abundance here, but also to the healing power of this sacred ground. Ubud has long been known for its powerful curative energy, and for centuries, people have flocked to this oasis for healing.
Ubud is also a showcase of culinary inventiveness. And when it comes to raw, vegan food you find the very best that the world has to offer.
- Flights, airport transfers and travel to & from the venue and accommodation are not included; Travel and accommodation recommendations are listed below.
- Payment plans are available. A $250 deposit is required to reserve your spot, then repayments to suit your budget. Last payment is due 30 days prior to start date of the course. Travel insurance travelling to and from Bali is highly recommended.
- Registrations close 1 week prior to start date.
- Fully paid up bookings are fully refundable less 50% booking fee up until 90 days out from course date. If you wish to cancel after this period, your payment & place will be forfeit. Refunds for deposits or payment plans partially completed will also incur a 10% admin fee.
- For information about Bali, click here.
IF YOU CANCEL YOUR PARTICIPATION
Please note that there will be no refund or discounts for arriving late, leaving early, flight cancellations, travel delays or illness. If you cancel your participation in the event for any reason, the refund policy below will apply, with no exceptions. To protect yourself further, we strongly encourage you to purchase travel insurance.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY:
Due to the nature involved in organising these trainings the following refunds apply as follows:
- More than 8 weeks before the start of the course: 100% refund less 10% handling fee.
- 4 to 8 weeks before the start of the course: 50% refund less 10% handling fee.
- Up to 4 weeks before the start of the course: non refundable.
CANCELLATION OF THE EVENT
In the unlikely event that we must cancel the training event due to illness, emergency, death, natural disaster etc, alternative dates will be offered. If you are unable to attend on the alternative dates you will receive a full refund.
We cannot, however, compensate you for any incurred airfare, travel, or accommodation costs. To cover these risks, we highly recommend you purchase travel insurance.
We accept no liability for loss, damage, injury or illness, which may occur during the training. All students are strongly recommended to have their own travel insurance to cover any loss or injury.